My License to Practice as a Registered Psychologist

I’m registered with the College of Psychologists of BC (the regulatory body for psychology in BC) to practice psychology in the province. For more information about the College, click here. To check my registration, click here. Or call the College at (604) 736-6164. I have been a registered psychologist since 1992, and in BC since 1995.

My Education

I have a doctorate degree (PhD, 1993) in clinical psychology from the University of Saskatchewan, a graduate training program accredited by the Canadian and American Psychological Associations. I have supplemented my formal education with a certificate in group therapy from the Group Therapy Training Program, Calgary, Alberta; and a certificate in Advanced Clinical Supervision in Psychology from the University of Calgary, Alberta. registered-psychologist-dr-colleen-wilkie-phd

My Clinical Experience

Throughout my career I have practiced psychology in publicly funded organizations as well as in private practice. I have provided individual and group psychotherapy to adults, training and supervision to graduate students in clinical psychology, and continuing education in group therapy to mental health professionals. My previous employment has also included the position of Deputy Registrar with the College of Psychologists of BC. I'm expanding my practice to include couples therapy.  I use the Emotionally Focused Therapy approach which I find similar to the approaches I use in individual and group therapy.  I have completed a 28-hour Externship in Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy and consult with a registered psychologist and Certified EFT Supervisor.  

My Professional Affiliations

I maintain memberships in the following professional organizations: